Amanda's Travels

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Thanksgiving and city livin.....

Work Christmas party

Fella and I demonstrating wht the Indians and Pilgrims did on Thanksgiving day....history lesson
So sick after eating all of that food!

Decorations I made......everyone had a turkey hand!




Everyone enjoying Thanksgiving!
The meal we prepared.....mainly Kellie prepared!
Jimbo getting ready to carve!




Views from our apartment













My Bedroom
Kellie and I have finally moved into our new apartment in the city. We miss living with the Douglas/Patterson crew....but it has been so nice having a place of our own and not commuting as long to get to work. We have a great spot on the corner of two of the most popular streets in Auckland. Our apartment is just the right size for two and it came with all the furnishings! Such an easy move in! We have great views...and the apt. is very clean and safe.

I have now started working at a clothing store that is kind of like A&F/American Eagle back home. It's not too bad.....really easy and I get a 50% discount which is nice! I also work in a nice trendy area with a lot of great stores. Kellie wanted to get a job in marketing so she is working for a small company in a cute area called Parnell. We are both so happy to be working!

I'm still trying to get used to how small Auckland is! It's about the size of Madison Wisconsin which is really hard for Kellie and I to grasp. I will sometimes see the same person twice in the city.....but even on opposite sides of the city! It's crazy! We've had kind of a busy week with Christmas parties/work/Thanksgiving so we haven't really had a chance to go out in the city. Will hopefully do that when I get back from Melbourne! I'm so excited to go back to Melbourne and see my old home.....I also can't wait to see the Georges...Sal and Zult getting married.....and other GAC'ers.

Here's some pictures of the Thanksgiving meal that we cooked for the family we stayed with.....as well as pictures of our new apartment! They absolutely loved Thanksgiving and think it's a great concept for a holiday. It was so funny to watch them do their best to eat as much as they could! They couldn't believe how much food their was and how much Americans eat on this holiday! So funny!

2 Comments:

  • At 8:52 PM, Blogger Noemi & Tres said…

    Amanda,
    It's Tres and Noemi and we're just writing to say 'hey'. So, hey. Hope you're doing well. Your apartment is really cute and it's got a great view! We started our own blog if you want to check it out. It's just2totango.blogspot.com. We'll explain what it means later. Tres says to be careful and to have as much fun as possible, but nothing your big brother would have to worry about. Take care and keep in touch. When will you be in the U.S.?
    Tres and Noemi

     
  • At 10:32 AM, Blogger Noemi & Tres said…

    Hey, now that we've posted a picture of the 'shack' just for you, it's your turn to update and let us know what's going on with you! By the way, the couch is comfy and all yours when you're in town and for as long as you want it!!
    Noemi & Tres

     

Post a Comment

<< Home