Amanda's Travels

Monday, July 16, 2007

GAC

My O-Week cabin!

Two of my favorite ladies!


Big Creek...taken by Salsa


Danger and I...I love her

Bulldog Cafe before Oweek
I have now settled into camp mode for yet another summer. GAC truly is one of my most favorite places to be. I absolutely love working here. Camp people really are a different breed of people. They are usually my favorite people that I meet and I have definitely made some life long friends through working here. I can't believe that it is my 5th summer! This is the first summer where I actually feel a little old! Most of the staff are now 21 and under...there are a couple of older staff including myself. It's so weird being the "go to" person for all of the new staff. I forget that I am that person now that people go to when they have questions, need help/support. My job is different than it was last year. I am in charge of half of the girls cabins (usually 8) and am basically the counselor's in the cabins counselor. I'm also in charge of supporting the campers in my cabins, running staff meetings, and other projects that camp has. There are three others that have the same job as me, Salsa/AZ/Bridger. We are definitely busy and are constantly sorting out issues/problems. It's a good job...I really like it a lot...we are just busy all the time! The staff are also good this year. They seem a lot more spirited and are at camp for the right reasons. It's been a good summer so far. We lost about three staff members early on, but have been fine without them. There hasn't been a lot of drama yet...just the usual camp stuff! Here are some pictures from the summer so far...more to come later. XXXX

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home