Amanda's Travels

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Luck of the Irish!

Meet Lisa and Ru...my new Irish flatmates!

Umbrella ella ella hey hey hey!



Ru and Leese
A friend from camp, Turbo, took all of us out to Piha Beach for the day. It was such a great day with perfect weather. He is a volunteer lifeguard at Piha...so we got to hang out in his surf club and relax on the beach!





Such a gorgeous country



For Christmas Kel and I gave our New Zealand family a big dinner/drinks at a Japanese restaurant in the city for a gift. We went to a place called Tanuki's Cave. It was so good! It was underground and very "cave like." The food was amazing as well!

Bradshaw and Kelly eating my favorite, Edamame, for the first time!

Jenna, me, Jess, Jess H., Jazmin, and Michaela....farewell dinner the girls at work had for me!

Just Jeans is where I work...Jess and I got a little bored one day and decided to play dress up!


Waiheke Island...small island in Auckland's harbor. Really beautiful beaches and great vineyards! Kel had to do an overnight event for work...so she invited me to go with her!
Fireworks for Auckland's Anniversary right out our apt. window
Went to the Auckland museum....some pretty great exhibits, but I liked this display they had...notice the title in it?
Picture of a picture....that is of Kel and I. This picture is hanging in our favorite bar on Vulcan Lane in the city. We gave this frame/picture to the owner...our friend Grady, and he put it up in the bar...on our request of course :).



Shortly after New Years Eve I was reunited with a friend that I met at camp three years ago, Spree (Ruairi). Him and his girl friend Lisa left Ireland in November, headed to Asia for a bit, and are now living in Auckland for the next two months. I knew that Ru was going to be in Auckland but wasn't sure when. One day I was sitting at a Starbucks in the city...looked up and saw him on the corner! Not too crazy...because Auckland is that small, but really exciting! Was really good catching up with him and instantly clicked with Lisa. Shortly after meeting up with them...they moved in! It has been so good having these two living with us! We have had some great times already and will have many more to come!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home