Amanda's Travels

Monday, September 18, 2006

Living in a land down under....




Hello everyone! As most of you know......I'm finally in Australia! I got in on the 7th of September and stayed with the George family (family of a camp friend...Mr. GAC). I also stayed with the George family over this past new year's......so it was nice seeing them all again! Had a great time visiting and catching up with them. After about 4 days I then starting with another family, the Cobon's, of a camp friend (AZ). They live in an area called Port Melbourne......Which is closer to where we want to live. It made it a lot easier to look for a place to live in St. Kilda. After searching for an apartment for about 3 days, I found a great townhouse for us to live in. It's not very big, but it's practically brand new and in a great location. I'm so excited to actually get settled in there. I'm going to pick up the keys today, and will probably move in today/tomorrow. Over the past week I've just enjoyed being back here and getting myself acquainted with Melbourne and the St. Kilda area. On Saturday night I went out with another camp friend (Occy) and some of his friends. We went to a party where the theme was that you had to come as something that started with the letter "F." I just went as a foreigner.....but it was great seeing everyone's costumes. It was such a good time......and his friends were so much fun! I'm posting some pictures from that night. I'm also putting up a picture of the Cobon's and friend from Mrs. Cobon's birthday dinner. The scenic picture was taken from the Cobon's apartment. Great views...... There aren't many pictures right now......but there will be more to come soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home