Half Dome!





On Sunday, four other camp girls and I climbed Half Dome in Yosemitie. It was intense! People come from all over the world to do this 14 mile hike. It took us about 11-12 hours to do (7 up and about 4 hours down). We started the climb at about 8 in the morning. It was a beautiful hike, with two waterfalls along the way. It was all uphill with a lot of steps. It then consisted of long switch backs up the mountain and then climbing a huge boulder. Once at the top of the boulder there are cables that you have to use to pull yourself up the actual dome. There are work gloves in a huge pile at the bottom of the dome. The view at the top was amazing. We made a lot of friends along the way. All of the hikers were so friendly. My favorite group was a group of Irish guys. They hiked the whole thing in flip flops, no water, no food, no flashlights, and climbed the cable part of the dome barefoot. They were halarious and we had a nice chat with them on top of the dome. It was a long day.....but well worth it!


2 Comments:
At 12:49 AM,
Anonymous said…
Pookie,
Did I say climb THOSE rocks??? I'm glad I didn't say "walk through the fire"!!!!!
Just kidding. I love it!
At 8:54 AM,
Jess said…
holy crap id have to camp out two nights to make a 14 mile hike. and then i might contemplate just rolling myself up in bubble wrap, and rolling all the way back down.....
Post a Comment
<< Home