Amanda's Travels

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Gettin' Hitched in '06!








So....Chief and I came up with a new theme for a banquet. We needed something different, fun, and something so random to end the summer with. The usual themes for banquets are Mexican, Italian, 50's Diner, etc. We decided to do a Wedding Banquet and have the dinner be like an actual wedding reception. It was amazing! Several older staff members said that it was the best banquet they'd ever seen.......some said it was the best camp has seen in 10 years! It was so nice to hear that! It actually felt like a real wedding reception. The chef here......Sushi....carved an ice sculpture, we had a guest book, the CITs (counselors in training) made up the bridal party, I had a Maid of Honor (Spesh), Chief had his Best Man (Bon, who played the part of the creepy drunken best man very well), Monkey, the Director, was a Monk that married us, we had a head table, and we decorated the Mule as our get away car....which we actually drove off in. It was so much fun.......the campers loved it. A lot of them thought it was real. One of my former CITs crocheted a bouquet for me! The Maid of Honor and Best Man gave speeches.....they were great! Monkey's speech was so good as well. They were halarious and everyone loved it. It was a great way to end the summer!

1 Comments:

  • At 12:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Pookie,
    When I first pulled this up, saw the title and then you in a veil, my heart was in my throat. Don't scare your mother like that again!! I am so very proud of the job you have done this summer. I guess all those Gillespie/Dean plays paid off.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home