The Beginning of the End....




Today is my last day at GAC. Bittersweet but ready to move on! It is kind of sad being here right now because just about everybody is gone. We are just packing up right now and getting ready to head to Yosemite to attempt to do Half Dome. I'm terrified! At one point you have to use cables to get up the dome. It's going to be fun though. Going with a good group of girls before meeting up with some family and friends in San Fran. Then it is off to Australia! So excited to get down there....
This past week at camp was Specialty Week. I spent the week on Shaver Island. There were seven staff and about 24 campers. We spend the week doing water sports (kneeboarding, skiing, and wakeboarding). It was a great way to end the summer!


1 Comments:
At 12:43 AM,
Anonymous said…
Pookie,
You have had the perfect ending to a perfect part of your life.....bitersweet. The fact that you are so looking forward to the next phase is proof that you have wrung every experience out of the one you are now leaving behind and have completed it 100%. I remember at the beginning how proud I was of you. You went out and found this job on your own, you got hired for this job based on your own merit, you took a risk and went miles away from your family and home, you hung in there when you got home sick, you kept your commitment and went back every year, and finally you were a roaring success at everything you were responsible for doing. Now you have memories and worldwide friends that others you grew up with may only dream about. I am impressed and proud but not totally surprised because I know your inner person. I will also forever be greatful to Gold Arrow and all of the people who have touched your life from there for their contribution to your finding yourself and coming into your own as a woman. And, this is why I will support you as much as I can to my last dying breath in everything you set out to do in this life. Dream your dreams baby, live those dreams, take those risks, climb those rocks, don't look down.....I'm right there under you and behind you.
You are so loved,
Pook
Post a Comment
<< Home