CIT Day






Chief and I took our CITs (Counselors in Training) out for a special activity day. We left camp at about 10:00 am and didn't get back into camp until 5:00. We took them over to a place called Rancheria Falls for a day of Canyoneering (spelling?). It was so cool! I hate heights so I was so scared....and didn't know if I was going to be able to repel down a mountain by a waterfall. We did two practice repels first. It was so scary! They were steep cliffs....and it was really hard for me to walk backwards over a cliff leaning back in a harness. However.......I did it and it was amazing. The hike up to the falls was so much fun. It was pretty steep in some places. We had to be clipped into a rope to cross over some of the rocks. We at lunch at the top of the falls and then took turns repelling down. Repelling down the fall was a lot easier than the practice ones we did. It was so much fun......can't wait to do it again!


3 Comments:
At 5:52 AM,
Anonymous said…
You are a brave girl Siss.
But, be careful so we can see you in August, OK!
Dad
At 10:44 PM,
Anonymous said…
That's my girl!!! You do have your Mom's spirit of adventure and daring in you. You go Pookie!
At 10:35 AM,
Anonymous said…
Little sis,
It looks like you're having a blast. Keep enjoying yourself and be safe. I miss you very much. I love ya!
Post a Comment
<< Home