Amanda's Travels

Sunday, June 25, 2006

O-Week!











Well...the new staff finally arrived at camp! So exciting! They are all really great. I almost feel like I've known some of them my whole life. Camp people are really one of a kind. We just finished our staff training orientation week. It was so hectic with all of the meeting, greeting, projects, activities, and training going on. My cabin was made up of 10 counselors. They are such a great group of girls! We had a lot of fun together and got along right from the start. We also participated in several spirit day activities........and ended up being the most spirited girls cabin! We don't know how we won....but oh well. Trix and I also had a project that we had to do for Oweek. We had to come up with a way for the new staff to tour camp and learn about 17 different "stations." We ended up creating a scavenger hunt thing with the groups taking pictures proving that they were there. It took us forever to complete, but it was such a success! Everyone loved it and they plan on using our idea next year. So glad that it worked out!

Yesterday we went over to the ski resort across the street and rode in chair lifts up to the top of a mountain. It is so beautiful up there. We had a picnic and got our new sweatshirts. We then went to a campfire, had our new staff graduation, and watched a slideshow of staff pictures. Such a good night. Great way to end the week.

Today we are off for a couple of hours and then we have to get ready for the campers tomorrow! I think a couple of us are going to work on our tans during our time off :). I attached some pictures that I took throughout the week. They are of several of my friends (old and new) and of spirit days. Enjoy!

6 Comments:

  • At 12:54 PM, Blogger Kate said…

    I miss camp!! Reesi, your photos are great...and you always seem to be surrounded by all these cute camp boys!! They probably all have great accents, too. I'm planning on taking a weekend trip up there sometime, maybe late July? I miss you and love the blog!!

     
  • At 10:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Reesi (lol)

    is that boy in the first and third photo the one that reminds you of nick? because he reminds me.

    hope all is well

    anonymous......oooooooooo

     
  • At 10:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Pookie,
    I absolutely love the blog idea. It is obvious you are having a great time at camp. Where do all those good looking guys come from? What a wonderful fun group of young adults to have around you. I just keep thinking that one of these days when you are old and gray, your kids and grandkids will view you as a fascinating character for all the adventures you have had and all the interesting people who will have come in and out of your life. Have a ball baby and I look forward to your next post.
    Love You,
    Pook

     
  • At 12:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good job Siss on the pictures and the spelling!
    Dad

     
  • At 11:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yo Rees,
    Its raining and cold here in Melbs. Think ill have to do something about that. Maybe a quick visit to camp...
    But dont you worry, ill make sure the suns out and its nice and warm for your arrival :)
    Say hi to everyone!
    come on summer......

     
  • At 12:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hi

     

Post a Comment

<< Home