Randomness......










Okay....so this posting just has a lot of random pictures in it! Some are from work and others are just from days/nights out. We have been having the best time here. I can't believe we've been here for over a month now. It doesn't feel like it at all. We have definitely settled in....and it's nice to be able to tell people that we live here. The area we live in, St. Kilda, is so lively and fun. When the weather is warmer it is going to be out of control. We also have a fair share of prostitutes and crazy people. There is a crazy lady that we see all the time.....but it's kind of nice in a way because she makes it fee like home. Here's a crazy story that happened to me the other day. I rolled out of bed like usual and went to work last Friday. I was waiting for the tram right outside our apartment. It was only 8:00 in the morning. Several people were out and on their way to work. Also, I'm wearing a zipped up fleece, jeans, and my hair is pulled up. Again, I had just rolled out of bed. This sketch guy comes up to me and our conversation goes like this....
"Hey, are you waiting for someone?" -sketch guy
"Yeah, my roommates." - Me
"Oh, that's too bad....I have something for you." -sketch guy
"Uh... what?" - Me (really nervous at this point, but curious to see what it is)
*He digs in his pockets for a min. or so and then flashes a $50 bill.
"You are going to give me money?" - Me
"Well...you are a hooker aren't you?" -sketch guy
CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT? I yelled at him and said no/are you kidding/go away...and some more things. How ridiculous is that? Dad...mom...don't worry too much. It was 8 in the morning....and people were around. There's a first time for everything! Anyways...it was kind of funny, and makes a good story.
The one picture of Destri and I and an older guy is from the Milk Bar down the street. They are from Lebanon and are the cutest couple ever. They had us in for a cup of coffee, Josie repaired a pair of my jeans, and we talked about politics......seriously. He loves Bill Clinton for one reason only....for the fact that he lied about Monica. He thinks Bill is a funny guy....and loves that he lied about Monica. So much fun to talk to Joe. In the picture of Steph, Destri, and I by the tree Dest is making that face because Steph stole her spot. Love it Dest....
Anyways.......loving it here.....and have loved hearing from you all! Miss you all so much!


2 Comments:
At 7:12 AM,
Anonymous said…
Siss,
Norm and I think you should at least hold out for $100-125!
Loved all the pix and commentary. NJD/RCD2
At 6:49 AM,
Anonymous said…
Pookie,
Maybe the guy caught a glimpse of that pink van!!!
Your apartment looks great and so do you.
I am just thrilled that everything has worked out so well for you.
Miss you Pookie.
Post a Comment
<< Home