
With the two crew men, Tony and Dave. I'm scared because look who is driving!After moving out Steph and I headed for the Whitsunday Islands for our vacation!!! We flew into a small airport on Hamilton Island. It was the most remote airport I've ever been to....it was completely outside. After landing we took a ferry to Airlie Beach. Airlie was nice.....very much of a beach/backpacker town. Our hostel was great though! It had a nice rooms and a fun night life with a live band and outside bar. The next day we got on our sail boat....the Ileola. Steph and I couldn't help but laugh at our boat when we saw it! It was NOT like the pictures in the brochure.....it was very tiny and old. However....we ended up loving it and having the best time. We were on a boat with 10 others from around the world (Australia, England, Holland, and Germany). We got to know all of the other passengers and the two crew men (Dave and Tony) very well. The food was amazing and the crew were so nice! We went snorkeling several times each day and saw so much coral and other wildlife! The beaches were absolutely breathtaking with the whitest sand and the bluest water. During the time spent in the water I got to swim next to a small shark and sea turtles! We had such a great time on our 3 day sailing trip! After we got docked we spent one more night in Airlie. We met up with two girls off of the boat and one of the crew members, Dave. Although Steph and I were having bad vertigo, we managed to have a great last night in Airlie!



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home